CLL Camp & Retreat Center Executive Director Job Description
General Function: The Executive Director will provide overall creative vision and empowering leadership for the operations, promotion, and fundraising of Camp Lake Louise. He/She will direct and manage a full, part-time, and seasonal staff. The Executive Director will provide oversight and team leadership for the creation, development, and ongoing effectiveness of all programs and activities. All functions and activities will be performed within the stated purposes and Christian mission of Camp Lake Louise.
- Is a devoted follower of Jesus Christ who exudes that faith in his/her life and leadership
Is a person respected by others for his/her integrity and character
- Has proven experience in organizational leadership
- Is experienced in operations management and administration, including creation and oversight of budgets
- Is a person of vision who can help lead the Board and staff in evaluating the current program and guiding the future development of the ministry.
- Is passionate about and recognizes the value of camping and retreat mission and ministry
- Is an effective and well-rounded communicator, possessing proven public relations and fundraising skills who is able to represent Camp Lake Louise with enthusiasm and passion to donors and visitors.
- Is flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of a camp with retreat and rental operations
- Lead the continuing evolution of the overall vision and direction of Camp Lake Louise under the governance of the Board of Directors
- Work with the Board to prepare a long-range vision and strategic plan for Camp Lake Louise.
- Report regularly to the Board about progress toward organizational objectives,
financial status of the organization, and other issues of concern to the Board.
- Initiate and prepare the development of organizational policies for Board approval.
- Implement and uphold all Board policies.
- Be an effective Team Leader for the staff of Camp Lake Louise.
- Develop and foster a cooperative, collaborative and cohesive team environment within the staff.
- Serve as an effective day-to-day coach and spiritual mentor to the staff.
- Be ultimately responsible for the hiring, evaluation, promotion, and discipline of all employees, and oversee the hiring of seasonal program staff.
- Oversee and have a thorough understanding of the various components of the ministry of Camp Lake Louise including program, retreat ministry, development, and operational and facility management.
- Ensure the financial integrity and sound fiscal management of the organization.
- Oversee the financial development strategies and fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Oversee the program and activities offered by Camp Lake Louise within the stated purposes and Christian mission of the organization.
- Ensure the development and coordination of attractive and purposeful programs and activities.
- Continually monitor the quality, attendance levels, costs, and effectiveness of programs and activities for children, youth, and adults.
- Oversee the retreat and rental ministry to assure that the facilities are adequately used and a positive environment is offered to guest groups.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Camp Lake Louise, ensuring that the organization is efficiently and effectively run.
- Oversee the proper maintenance and development of Camp Lake Louise’s buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Serve as the key communicator of the mission of Camp Lake Louise to various constituencies including individuals, churches, local organizations, government units, and other organizations.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the American Baptist Churches of Michigan
- Serve as liaison between Camp Lake Louise and all regulatory bodies and accrediting agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring all camp licensing regulations and legal requirements are met and that a safe environment is maintained for all campers, guests, and staff.
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Founded in 1937 as Lake Louise Baptist Camp, the mission of Camp Lake Louise is to provide a place where campers can come to Know God, Love God, and learn to Serve God through developing faith in Jesus Christ.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]